Saturday, March 2, 2013

Summary of February

Wow, February definitely seemed to fly by!  At the beginning of the month, I found out the night before that some Braves players (current and retired) would be in Valdosta signing autographs.  Preston woke up super early that morning, so I was able to get him down for an early nap so I could wait in line and not have to deal with him being cranky due to being tired.  I was so proud of us for being on time..until I realized the even began an hour earlier!  Preston and I were one of the last people allowed to wait in line.  The manager kept coming back and saying that there was a good chance that we would not get to see the players.  I am so glad we stayed in line!  Because we DID get autographs!  The only thing that would have made it better was if Tim Hudson had been there.  That man is so fine, ahem, I mean such a great pitcher;)

This is after an hour of standing in line outside...for a child who has never liked to be confined, and is always on the move, I was very proud of him



Here is a video of when Homer came over to say hello and give him a high-five!


FOUR autographs! (Ryan Klesko, Phil Niekro, Eddie Perez, Greg Walker, Joe Simpson)  I think Ronnie was super stoked about Phil Niekro's signature since they were both pitchers.  Preston got an autograph from a Mets pitcher last year at a Braves Spring Training game, so 5 autographs before 2 years old isn't too bad!




I think we had breakfast one morning in the living room together.  Must have been pretty good if he is licking the plate:)







He does a great job with the Itsy Bitsy Spider!


Video of skidda-ma-rinka-dink song (Lambchop song for us almost 30 year olds)




Child loves some ice cream!   His speech is improving daily!



We were watching a recording of the Grammy's on the dvr.  Preston LOVES the Lumineer's song Hey (Ho).  He likes the shouting out part of the chorus.


Another video of saying Amen at bedtime.  I love how he willingly just drops to his knees.  I pray he is always eager to talk with our Lord.



Another big thing that happened this month was I became and Aunt!!!!!!!  Little Anna Jane was born on February 11th!  Ronnie's sister and her husband live in Colorado, so we haven't been able to see her, and won't for a while.  She is the second grandbaby, and is loved so very much.  Her parents are much more private than I am, so I don't have any pictures to post.  But if we get to see them this summer, then you better believe I will have an entire post dedicated to her!  I talk about her to Preston, I know he is too young to process who she is, but he calls her Emma instead of Anna.  



Since Preston's classmates were bringing in cookies and cupcakes, I brought something that was not as sweet.  Super simple.  I swear, Pinterest has made me like an even more inadequate person:/  Oh well, I am simple, and so should my crafts!


I was lucky to be off work on Valentine's Day to attend his party.  I was supposed to go to a Technology Fair that our school system put together, but our wake-up call slept in for once.  
Go figure!





My friend, Sarah, and her son Triston.  We have know each other for years, and our boys were in the last daycare together too.  Triston is the little boy I watched this summer.  We were the only mom's there for the party, and we were so grateful to get to be at their first Valentine's Day party!


Parker is Preston's other buddy.  He asked me to take is picture, and then cheesed it up.  So cute.



One of my students gave me one of those big Hershey Kisses...I had taken it out of the box for some reason (can't remember why), and I got distracted and left it on the coffee table.  This is what I found later that evening after a moment of silence...Preston must have been in heaven.  I am surprised he went to bed so easily and did not get sick.  


Ronnie and Preston made my card this year.  It's my favorite one ever!   I told Ronnie that I didn't want anything but I was surprised with a gift box from Steele's, a local jewelry store.  He got a Pandora charm of two lovebirds from him, and a little boy from Preston.  He was very sweet to think of those.  I love looking down at it and seeing charms that remind me of the people I love most:)



Preston flexing his muscles..make sure to watch.  His face is hilarious!


I take all the help I can get!



He love his Daddy.  They have so much fun together.



 He really likes to color lately.



We visited Ronnie's childhood church for our cousin's baptism.  They were kind enough to include us for lunch at the country club.  Yummy!


Oh yeah, I got glasses!  Apparently I have astigmatism, and get headaches so we are trying glasses for 6 weeks to see if they help.  So far, I still get headaches:/
 


Doesn't he look so big here?  



He has been in a phase of wanting met o lie down with him for a minute.  Now he has friends taking my place.  Not gonna lie...kinda makes me sad.  He was so funny. He stopped me halfway throughout a book to say "Night, Night Momma", and climbed in.


He signs Jesus Loves Me.  It is pretty sweet, even though he totally omits the love part.

Preston is now 21 months old, and is really growing so quickly! He is beginning to have conversations.  He loves to shake and nod his head as a response to a question, and says "yeah" often now...but not as often as "no"!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment