Friday, April 5, 2013

The many Easter activities of a toddler

This year, the Easter celebrations were SO much fun!  Preston is so interactive now.  Our first egg hunt was at the church across the street from his church daycare.  They offered a free glow-in-the-dark hunt.  We probably could have given it one more year, because he was too antsy to participate in the pre-egg hunt fun. They were getting kids pumped up for Jesus and the meaning of Easter, which is a fulfilled promise, however, Preston wanted to run everywhere!  Luckily, it is a big church, so he had plenty of room to burn off energy while we waited (which seemed like forever!)  I think God gave us busy children to teach us patience and forgiveness for sure.  
*side note* The church is The Gathering Methodist Church.  We actually visited there the next day, and they are very nice!

Excited for his first egg-hunt!




 I asked him to "say cheese"











  I wanted to make a cute Easter treat for his class, but nothing that required too much effort.  I mean, they don't care how much thought went into something at that age.  I googled some images of Easter treats (couldn't do Pinterest, I get too distracted), and saw some Rice Krispie bird nests.  I love rice krispie treats because they are SOOO easy to make and CHEAP!  Well they are cheap until you buy edible grass and candy to serve as the eggs :/  I think they turned out adorable though.  I even had enough to take to work to hand out.


Preston's school egg hunt was during my school's Easter parties.  My principal gave me permission to clock out to and go to his egg hunt!  I was afraid to ask, but I sure am glad I did!  His school is less than a quarter of a mile away, so it was a short visit.  Ronnie surprised us by leaving work to come by!








Like my superman shirt?  It was also field day for us, so that's why I am wearing it.




The day before Easter, we went to ANOTHER egg hunt!  This one is hosted by Redland Baptist, and is held at my friend Stephanie's house.  She was my para-pro when I student taught Kindergarten.  She was my saving grace, and was such an encourager.  I will always love that woman.  


Little Mr. Independent climbing up the blow-up slide ALONE!  He has no fear whatsoever!



A video of him sliding. 


Another video.  His face cracks me up because he looks so scared, but is actually loving it.  Btw, he does not hit my camera at the end, it was my arm holding the camera.



He is so impatient.  I guess he thought the devotion before the egg hunt was too long, because he stood up while the guy was speaking, held up his basket, and said "Leh go!"  He also was sitting on my lap, and told me he pooted during prayer.  I guess it can only be cute when a little kid does it.




My co-worker Stephanie came with us.  Her little girl, Torie, is soo sweet...and quiet (like her momma)  She stayed on Stephanie's lap and never fussed the entire time, whereas Preston was beyond a handful.  





He got 2 baskets filled at Easter since he used them both this year for egg hunts.  He got 2 Mickey Mouse dvd's, a counting book, a book about colors, a book about trucks going to sleep, and 6 bible story books!  Oh, and some candy...





Preston naming Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters.  He omits lots of letters when he talks, I guess that's normal for his age?


Love my family!


He adored his cousin Jack!


Jack is going to be bigger than Preston in no time!  Here Jack is 7 months, and Preston is 22 months!












0 comments:

Post a Comment