Here is a summary of the doctor visit at 20 weeks and 1 day:
Blood pressure: perfect at 114/71 (It's always in that range, so I can't complain about that!)
Weight gain: I only gained 3 pounds by my 16 week appointment, but gained 4 pounds in the last month. So that makes a grand total of 7 pounds, but am still one pound below my pre-pregnancy weight. Christmas time was a busy month of eating, so I guess the 4 pounds makes sense but still. I think I would have weighed in less at the doctor's office if I had not been "stopped up", if you know what I mean...I was reading Jenny McCarthy's book, "Belly Laughs", and she admitted to being constipated for a week or two at a time. Thank God I am not that irregular! Knock on wood! I know I that it is inevitable and necessary to gain weight this pregnancy, but I hate that I was bigger than I wanted to be pre-pregnancy. I have had friends only gain 10-15 pounds, and I PRAY that I will be in that category, however it doesn't appear I will be seeing how I have gained 7 so far.
Preston: He is as healthy as can be at 11 ounces. From what I read that is right where he should be:) I asked how long he is, but apparently they can't tell that on ultrasounds, so I guess that will be a big surprise on D-day! She did say that he was measuring a few days behind, at 19 weeks and 5 days. Whatever that means. Stacy, the mid-wife (and so nice!) said that those measurements will even be further off the farther along I get. I guess it's just difficult to get a completely accurate measurement based on sound waves. They laughed at me because I had my little notepad with questions to ask (I have the worst memory these days!), the questions I asked were: Does his umbilical cord have the three blood vessels ? (YES) Where is the location of the placenta? (Posterior, which is towards my back...a great spot!) His position is head down right now, so all this time I thought he was kicking my bladder, he was headbutting it...little stinker! I asked if he would stay head down, but she said there is no telling because they still move around so much. Preston was more active that our last ultrasound visit at the Prenatal Experience. He wasn't doing flips are anything, but he wasn't napping either. Just randomly moving. His heart rate was at 150 again, same as last time. So those old wives tales about boys being below 140 are totally debunked now!
Preston Dean's sweet little profile.
His foot!
Well the last four weeks have been the most active so far in changes. December 15, 2010: I felt Preston move for the first time at 17 weeks and 3 days, the night before our appointment to find out the gender. I was drinking hot chocolate. I probably drank hot chocolate every night after that for 2 weeks trying to feel him again! Maybe that's where those 4 pounds came from, hmmm...
December 29, 2010: Ronnie placed his hand against my lower abdomen and felt Preston kick! He said it felt like a little thump! I told him that's what it feels like on the inside to me too. I was 19 weeks and 3 days.
I don't have my 20 week belly bump picture just yet. I keep forgetting to take it (imagine that!), but this picture is the two of us after eating dinner at a friend's house on New Year's night (19 weeks and 6 days). You can see a bump here for sure!




don't worry about the weight, you should lose it all pretty quickly, you are doing marvelous! I gained 39 with my first!!! and lost it all by 5 lbs by 6 week postpartum appt. I just lost 10 lbs last month and hope to lose 10 more, but then will just gain it all back when I have my next baby but hey they are worth it. With baby #2 and #3 I had the mentality of, "I don't want to work hard to lose all this weight just to gain it back again in a few months with my next pregnancy!" But thinking like that got my TWENTY POUNDS over what I normally weigh (and us short girls can't do that, ha!).
ReplyDeleteI haven't been working too hard, I am just eating more like I should (more fruits and veggies, whole grains, and less sodas and brownies!!). Which my nursing baby doesn't need that junk anyway :)
We r sooo much alike! I totally brought a list of random questions to every appointment too :) try not to over-worry about the weight thing but also know that not everyones as lucky as crissy to lose it just from breastfeeding! I sure wasn't and I hope to be as weight conscious for my next one as u have been! U will have 2 give me pointers :) I love ur tone in ur blog, u sound just like u which is a good thing!
ReplyDelete