Weight: 17 lb 12 oz (10th Percentile) Preston has since been sick with the stomach virus, so his weight as of last week was 17 lbs even. He is much better now, so he has probably been gaining it back. He's still a little guy, but he sure is cute!
Height: 27 inches (25th Percentile....jumped up! He's been in the 10th percentile until now!)
Head Circum: 17.5 inches (10th Percentile)
This visit was pretty easy, my main question was about weaning to whole milk. Stephanie suggested adding a couple ounces to his formula at 11.5 months. So I guess we will do it that way. Ideally, I'd like for him to be off bottles by his birthday, as they are a pain to clean, and I really need my counter-space back. They bottle drying rack takes up a ton of room. I haven't been a mother for very long, but I have learned that you have to be flexible with plans. Some babies will adapt more easily than other, and some just need more time. Preston does drink water from his sippy cup every day. Right now, we use the Take N' Toss cups (super cheap!!!) and we have 3 Playtex cups. I like the Playtex ones because the lids are all interchangeable. We have two that are the sippy spout, and one with a straw. He has no problem with any of them. I thought about trying to offer his formula in one and not worrying about how much he drinks, but I decided against it after trying it for a weekend. He has never had a big appetite, and right now he still can't drink more than 6 ounces at a time, if even that much. Since he only drinks around 24 oz a day, I'd rather keep him healthy by continuing to use bottles.
Preston has been learning so many things!
He loves to go crazy on the changing table....
He still LOVES to clap to "If you're happy and you know it"...
In fact, he claps to just about any music!
He got his first AND second teeth!!! (It's always exciting when they get their first tooth, but the excitement has quickly worn off...he's getting his top 4 all at once, and I am pretty close to loaning him out until they come through...totally kidding!)

1st tooth: 9 months, 5 days
2nd tooth: 9 months, 12 days
2nd tooth: 9 months, 12 days
We screened in our porch, and made Sammy and outside kitty, but Preston will talk to him through the glass...
He started walking!!! We went out for Ronnie's 34th b-day, and his mom called me right after we left to tell me Preston took two steps to her! So he took his first steps at 9 months and 8 days!
He really has a ball in the bathtub...he's always liked being in the water though.
Every baby needs the bathtime mohawk pic! Preston's hair is getting too long to actually stand up!
He is always banging on something...
Cheesin' it up...Gosh he is so cute!
SOOO over it now! (I was trying to get a picture of his teeth!)
Okay, so now there is FINALLY an update! I was hoping to get a lot done over Spring Break, but here it is Saturday morning...better than nothing! Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment