Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Preston-15 months

Well, it's been a hot minute since I updated a monthly report on Preston.  I can't believe 15 months, wait, 15 months and one week have FLOWN by!  Jeeze, slow down time!

Preston keeps us...on our toes.  He is so busy, and into everything!  He has been up to so much since he turned the big ONE (which I think was my last summary post)!

To start off, here are his stats from his 15 month visit:

Weight:  21.5  lbs  (6th percentile--up a percentile!)
Height:  31 inches  (50th percentile--up from the 35th!)
Head Circum.:  18 inches (10th percentile)


So, he is still a small fella.  They want me to increase his calories since he will only become more active, but he's hard to feed.  I almost think that his feeding issues have been more frustrating than sleeping...and we had a heck of a time getting him to nap!

Anyway, he has been up to a lot since the last post!



He has has another haircut since May.  He did great with the electric clippers!


 First plane ride!  He was perfect and slept throughout both flights to Colorado.  We even got several compliments!  However, we did not earn any on our return flights.  Oh well!






We got to use his "leash" for the first time.  I always swore I'd never get one, but Preston needs to be active, and there was no way he's stay in a stroller or on our laps throughout layovers.  Besides, I'd rather look crazy for having my kid on one, than run the chance of him running off.  I actually had several Mom's comment that they had done that too, so I didn't feel too weird.  



Jumping on the bed at the resort in Breckenridge



 First gondola ride up the mountain! This is Ronnie's Uncle Steve and Aunt Connie--sweetest couple ever!



Preston Dean and his 1 month older cousin, Parker Deane!  (No, it was not planned!)



Parker's big brother, Garrett, wasa big help with Preston.  



Uncle Miller knew how to cheer Preston up--The Hot Dog Song from the MMC!



They had a great time swimming every day of the vacation!  




Best buds



First Rockies game--he was a great sport as you can tell ;)






Being back in daycare has him on a great schedule!  This is what happened when I fed him 30 minutes later his normal time at school.



Trying Japanese hibachi for my birthday!
Birthday picture attempt #1-looking away


 Attempt #2:  our of focus



Attempt #3-crying for Daddy 



 Attempt #4-happy to be with Daddy



 He pulls all sorts of stunts these days





Preston is changing so much--daily it seems!  The main thing I have noticed is his speech.  I think I know what it is when people refer to an "explosion of speech" in reference to development.  A month ago, he only said 5 words, maybe, but now, it's up to around 20 words!  So far he says:

Mama (hardly ever anymore though)
Dada  (All the time!  First thing he says when waking in the morning or from nap--He points to the door and says it.)
Daddy
coo (school)
ba-ba (binky, balloon and bye-bye)
bawoo (balloon)
mi (milk)
guh (good)
leh go (let's go)
chee dooda (cheese doodle--His great=grandmother always lets him eat her cheese puffs)
BUB-BUH! (bubbles!)
la-la (light)
dah (dog and down)
dae-doo (thank you.  On 9/12, he received a cookie from the Publix bakery, and he responded with this all by himself!)
uh-ah (uh-oh)
bae-ba (baseball)


I have a list written of his words, but of course I can't find it.  These are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.  He certainly understands much more than he speaks.  The other day, he threw food on the floor while eating in his highchair. I told him that I would let him down, but he'd have to clean it up and throw it away.  AND HE DID!  Every single piece was thrown in the trash!  He watches for me to grab my purse and/or diaper bag, and he then walks to the door to wait on me.  He also waves bye-bye and blows kisses anytime we leave--daycare, home, store, anywhere.  It's pretty cute!

He also gets spankings more frequently.  It doesn't bother me to spank him, because I only reserve them for bad behavior that deals with safety or intentional disobedience.  For instance, one afternoon he was walking with me from the garage to the house, when he stopped in the doorway behind me and wouldn't come in.  When I told him to come inside (also motioned), he grinned and took a step backwards.  I told him "No, sir! Come inside now!"  Well, he ran into the garage (which was open), and I went after him, stopped him and popped his bottom.  That was a safety issue.  He needs to know he can't walk out unless I am with him, holding his hand.  He is very stubborn, and definitely has his mind made up about many things.  He's always been that way.

He is also a Daddy's boy.  Like, first thing he says when he wakes up is "Dada" and points to the door. Ronnie works at 2 streets up from our street, so we drive by his work every day, as it is located at the entrance to our neighborhood. Preston points towards the building, crying "Dada" if we drive past without stopping.  If Ronnie is holding him, and I try to take him, Preston screams, cries, tries to hit me, and hangs on to his Daddy for dear life.  It breaks my heart!  I am glad he likes his Daddy, but dang!  He's fine if it's just the two of us, but wants nothing to do with me if Ronnie is around.  Is this normal????

He's gotten very attached to his ba-ba (binky).  We've only ever used it for sleep or car seat, but now he will stand and cry at his crib if he can't reach the binky.  Isn't it a little late for him to be getting attached now?  I am dreading weaning it already.

He can point to facial body parts.  He can identify your/his nose, eyes, mouth, ears, and hair.  He loves to brush his hair, and even helps me brush mine on occasion.

He is still a picky eater.  He eats fine at daycare, but at home is still a nightmare.  Barely any vegetables.  He also like to dip his meat in sauces now.  Not sure where he learned that because we don't use many condiments at home.  I use the veggie/fruit squeeze packs as his sauce.

He loves to play hide and seek, climb, or bank on things.  He makes a mess anywhere he goes, but is getting better at helping to clean up.



0 comments:

Post a Comment