So, we have officially made it to 30 weeks! It has gone by SOOOOO fast...I am now getting to the excited/freaking out stage. I am excited to meet our son, but I am super scared of not being prepared because, well...we aren't! We have Spring Break (Thank GOD!) in a few weeks, so I guess I will take care f most everything then.
Student teaching is still keeping me busy, but I am enjoying it much more. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like I hated it. I LOVE my class, but there were issues that were causing me to be so stressed and anxious that I was ready to quit. I have worked so hard, and have been the model student with this degree, and I was ready to just throw it all away. The devil was certainly busy, but God answered my prayers in a very strange way. A few weeks ago I had been so stressed that I did not sleep for two weeks. I woke up every hour on the hour obsessed lessons. I could not eat, and when did, I got sick. It felt like the weight of the world was on me. It was unbearable. I shared with Ronnie how I was feeling and that I just could not continue. He was PRETTY upset with me to say the least. I went in to school the next day, still not feeling well. After being there maybe 30 minutes, I walked to the teacher's lounge to get a bottled water, thinking it may help with my nausea. Now, usually no one is ever in there. That day was different because they were having a going away party for another teacher. Everyone commented to me that I didn't look like I felt well. I remember feeling dizzy, then my ears started ringing, and I started seeing spots. leaned up against a wall and slowly lowered myself. The next thing I remember is the nurse putting this jelly stuff in my mouth (which ended up being glucose). They called 911, and the EMT's took me to the ER just to be safe. Luckily everything was okay. The doctor said it was like a perfect storm coming together, but that I was really dehydrated. I started taking my iron supplements that day, and I have felt 100% better since! Anyway, my point was that I was ready to tell my mentor that I was going to quit, and then I fainted before could talk to her. I guess God wanted to me finish what I started, and my mentor has been AMAZING!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalm 103:2-5)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
Leg cramps: I have had a few more these past few weeks, always while sleeping, and always while trying to stretch out my legs. They HURT! But, I hold my foot it, like point your toes to your shin. This will help!
A new craving: No new craving...well I have been wanting ice cream...mainly an ice cream cone..I have yet to get one:(
Fetal movement: Some days he moves all the time, and other days he is pretty chill. I do feel him at night when I go to bed and am on my side. I will feel him from one side of my stomach to the other! I guess he is still in the transverse position. Oh, and he gets hiccups every morning! I feel them right before I get up out of bed for school, so around 6 am. It feels like a little twitch. But I feel it at the lower part of my belly, so maybe he is making his way to the head down position. We get an ultrasound in two weeks, so we'll know then!!
Stretch marks: Still no stretch marks!!
See??? No stretch marks...yet!
But that belly button is almost an outtie!
Heartbeat: Today is was between 130-140, a little lower than usual, but she said it's healthy:)
Blood pressure: It was at 115/77, which is still good, but higher than normal.
Weight: It is steadily increasing now. I gained 3.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks:/ So, I am now 5 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, not too bad at all!Gestational Diabetes: I don't have it, but I did fail my 1 hour test, so I had to do the 3 hour glucose test. I passed it, but barely. So they want me to monitor my sugar intake so that I keep my blood sugar level at a more consistent level. So she wants me to limit my carbs and sugar, and have protein at every meal. I eat cereal every morning, but she said to eat some eggs, or a cereal bar with it. Blah! I don't like eggs all that much, but I'd rather not have diabetes. She said she wasn't too worried because I haven't gained much weight at all. So that's good to hear! Don't worry, I will still have sweets at my baby showers though...I mean how rude would it be to pass that yummy food up?!
OK, so I guess you want more pictures!
Side view...sorry it is blurry!
It's getting there!
look at that baby belly!!! i can't BELIEVE it's getting SO CLOSE!!!! we need to get together soon about this baby shower girl!!! I'm SO glad you are feeling better about student teaching AND that you don't have diabetes...hopefully things will wind down for you so you can ENJOY these last weeks of pregnancy :)
ReplyDelete