Friday, August 26, 2011

First Family Vacation!

We are still around!  Life has been crazy lately...Preston got to meet more of his extended family recently.  Ronnie's dad, Ron, lives in Kuwait.  He flies for the Kuwaiti airlines, and gets to come to the States once, sometimes twice a year.  We had a full house for a couple of days before going on vacation with them in Tennessee.


Arlis, Jam, and Preston  (Arlis is Ron and Jam's son.  
He is Preston's uncle and is only 11!)



Grandpa holding Preston for the first time.  
Preston had just woken up from a nap so he was a little confused.



I let Ron give Preston a bottle, and Preston was so exhausted from 
it I guess.  He used to fall asleep being burped all the time when he was younger.



Priceless!




Preston's great-grandmother came all the way from Kansas to 
meet him!  She has always been so nice and is always wanting to help clean and what-not.



Preston even got to enjoy having all the family eating at the table...It was his first time sitting in his high chair!




Sorry he pic is blurry...he is a wiggle worm all of the time!  
But look how big he is!!




If anyone knows my husband, then you know how big of a Braves
fan he is...
Preston is already a Braves fan.



Preston slept for most of the drive to Tennessee...he somewhat
kept his schedule, 
but we tried to drive as far as we could while he was asleep...
Driving in the mountains was a totally different story though...



While Ronnie drove, Miller (my other brother in law) kept Ronnie company, 
while I rode in the back seat.  I caught a smile on video for you!






This car seat toy was a gift from Emily.  He actually bats at the toys on it now!




Preston's first hike.  He slept through most of it...



Wow, I need a tan...too bad I don't tan though.


It cracks me up seeing how limp Preston's arm is in this picture..he was OUT!




Walking around Gatlinburg...Preston's favorite spot is perched up on a shoulder...





I just love his little face!!!



That hand is ALWAYS in his mouth




In the Coach outlet..gotta teach Preston how to shop for the ladies!







Aunt Whitney and Preston






Preston LOVES to be held upright...he is a mover for sure!  Watch him "walk"!



The aquarium in Gatlinburg








This penguin kept diving down towards me, I guess it thought I was part of the aquarium since I kind of matched it all..haha


Preston spit up all over his animal outfit, so he got to wear his Polo outfit to match Daddy



Tell me that he is not adorable in this hat!




The trip was fun, but it was not easy with such a young baby...Preston can only stay awake for 2 -2.5 hours MAX!  And it is hard to go out and about when it is time to put him down to sleep so often, but one thing that did happen was Preston sleeping longer increments of time at night (probably out of exhaustion), but he went from sleeping 8-9 hours straight through to 10-11 hours!  Woo hoo!  And don't worry...it only took a few days to get him back to a napping schedule, and he is still sleeping 10-11 hours at night:)  He was going to bed at 9:30 and waking up at 7:30, but we are gradually shortening his early evening nap so we can move his bed time up earlier eventually.

0 comments:

Post a Comment