During spring break, we went with friends to Orlando to attend a few Braves Spring Training games. Preston had a great time and was pretty well behaved. Poor fella had the stomach virus for two weeks before the trip. He had a lot of firsts that week, including his first autographed baseball!
Trying some slushi. It was so HOT, so I think he enjoyed the taste.
Had to have some ice cream! He loved it!
Since the park doesn't allow strollers, we brought the car seat in so he'd be able to nap. I bought the canopy extender and it was well worth it. It is SPF 50 and extended all the way to his feet. We also had a fan attached so he lounged in comfort:)
My husband makes fun of me for going to kids' sales, but this vest was $1, and it is The Children's Place brand. A nice bargain! I tried to find a book about Jesus, since He is the reason we celebrate Easter, but I didn't find any that I liked. Most were pretty generic, so I just got him board books about animals.
Preston's new obsession is balloons. Ronnie brings balloons home from work sometimes, and Preston has a blast! He now points out balls and balloons anywhere we go. He says "bah bah" for ball and "bwah bwah" for balloon.
When I was pregnant, I kept hoping Preston would come a couple weeks early so I could have him on Mother's Day. Instead I had him a couple weeks after it, so I had to wait almost a whole year to celebrate my first Mother's Day! He woke up super early, like 6:30, for some reason and Ronnie made me get up with him! I was pretty ticked off. I thought it was my one day to sleep in! We enjoyed a nice morning at church and lunch with family afterwards:)
Preston is also really good about pointing at things he wants. I considered signing with him, but I was not consistent. He does so well pointing at things, that I know what he wants most of the time. He also likes to point at things and say "dah dah". I think he is asking "that, that?" He also points at lights and says "la, la".
Love being a Mommy!!!
Preston is considered a late teether. He got his first tooth at 9.5 months. He got his other bottom one a few weeks later. Instead of getting his top two, he got the left and right incisors! I called them his fangs. His top two have come in now, but I miss this little grin so much! It's so cute!
Dracula!
I guess theother big thing that happened from my last post of him at 9 months was that he began to walk! He took his first two steps to his Meme (My M-I-L) while we were out to dinner for Ronnie's birthday. He was 9 months and 8 days old. It took him a few more weeks until he was full-blown walking. Ronnie started walking at that age too, so he is following in his Daddy's footsteps (pun intended!)
Here is a video of some of his early walking! Sorry they are sideways, I thought my computer automatically rotated them, but apparently not!
3/21/12: 9 months 3 weeks 5 days


Glad u are back ;)
ReplyDeleteOMG, those "fangs" are the most hilarious thing EVER
ReplyDelete