Thursday, January 19, 2012

This is how we do it!

Now that Preston has gotten older (He will be 8 months next week! Where has the time gone?), he does a great job entertaining himself.  We keep his toys in two baskets in the living room.  It's so cute...he will stand up above the baskets and dig through to find the toy of his choice.  I need to get a picture of it!  Physically, he has mastered his milestones a bit early.  He has always had a lot of strength, so maybe that's why.  Ronnie hit milestones early too, so maybe it is genetic. I have no clue about myself as a baby.  I don't have parents to tell me about that stuff, and it really makes me sad that I can't share stories with my children one day. At least God is the ultimate loving father.  The perfect parent.  Anyway, in my attempt to catch up my blog, I am posting pictures and videos of what Preston does best---Have fun!  




He seems to have the same love of sports as Ronnie.  Ronnie played baseball until college, so maybe Preston will follow in his footsteps?



We don't watch a lot of television typically.  Now that Preston is mobile, it means I am cleaning all the time!  I sometimes turn it on with a movie just to have some background noise while we play/clean.  My sister in law, and her husband were kind enough to buy Preston his first Disney movie:  Finding Nemo.  He doesn't show much interest in television, but I guess he likes it!





Preston also loves to crawl to the back door in the dining room and look out at the world.  (Not much to look at...we have a fenced in backyard.)





I know I say this all of the time, but I just love it when he sits on his knees!  It just makes him look so grown.  Wait, I miss my baby.  I don't like this pose anymore.  I don't want him to look grown;)



He has a little bit of a destructive streak.  He loves to rampage the burp cloth basket and clothes fresh out of the dryer!

Yes, I fold my clothes on the floor.  It's much easier to still entertain Preston and it doesn't hurt for him to have a little fun with it;)



Preston sure is sweet to help me clean the kitchen sometimes!  Usually he is in his walker, but I allowed him a little freedom.



I wish I could be this interested in the dishwasher!









Early signs of an imagination???



 This is my favorite video.  He LOVES to play hide-and-seek!







What are some ways your little one likes to have fun?!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,Ron and I enjoyed watching Preston videos soo cute of him we missed him a lot. Its soo nice that you are not working this time and you can spend time with him,,as much as Ronnie want you to look for a job I think this is great job for you...By the way,finally recieved the calendar today very nice....keep posting..Miss you all.. Jam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat him UP!!! Seriously! You are doing such an amazing job. Being a mommy is a learning process, and your education on the matter NEVER stops. (I've been doing it for almost ten years, and I learn something new, literally, every day!!) You are doing beautifully, and it shows in your precious little boy.

    ReplyDelete