Saturday, December 29, 2012

Communication is key

Preston's vocabulary has been picking up quite a bit in the past few months. He never lacked the effort to speak, however many sounds were not attempted.  He has had back-to-back double ear infections since last November, the reason being his ears were not draining the fluid that was getting back-up for whatever the reasons (colds from daycare and teething probably).  We were referred to Dr. Allen noted that there was still a decent amount of fluid behind his eardrum, and that his hearing has been temporarily impaired.  I had a sinus infection several months ago, and while the headaches were pretty hard to handle, the stopped up ears drove me CRAZY!  It was so difficult to work with students when I could barely hear anything!  No wonder Preston has been such a pain in the rear most of his life!  He has always been "spirited", and he is a happy child, but had insane cranky moments fairly frequently...but so do I, so maybe he is genetically wired to have those moments.


I will post about the surgery and our thoughts after it in another post, but enjoy some videos of Preston and his awesome communication skills pre-surgery until then!



He loves to point out his body parts.  It has become a lifesaver during diaper changes.



It is very faint, and you have to listen pretty hard, but he says his name in this clip!




He is his father's child...he loves some football, especially the ATL Falcons!

0 comments:

Post a Comment