Friday, December 3, 2010

My first post...ever!

Well, I guess I should explain why I finally jumped on the blogging band-wagon (assuming someone will read this!).  I have followed some friend's and family member's blogs and enjoyed reading them for a couple years now.  Just to warn you, I am NOT a gifted writer.  I never enjoyed writing.  I never wrote in a diary.  I even obtained a degree in Public Relations where it entailed a ton of technical writing, and you guessed it...I didn't really like that either!  So you may ask why even bother keeping a blog, which requires written thoughts, experiences, or at least narrations of pictures.  Well, you can thank my friend Emily.  I began reading her blog around 2 years ago exactly.  She and I had Communication classes together at VSU.  We probably exchanged a total of 10 words the entire time.  Two years ago, Ronnie and I were going through pre-marital counseling with our preacher, when I realized that I was not a Christian.  ( I think I realized it long before that, but was too afraid to admit it).  I had been praying for many things to be revealed to me if I were to live for Christ, and not myself anymore.  Randomly one day, I looked on her Facebook and saw that she had a website.  So, Nosy-Ashley checked it out, and am now writing my first blog post. 


    Emily and I

Emily has been a wonderful friend who has been an encouragement as a Sister in Christ long before we were ever friends.  I have read daily about her pregnancy posts during 2008 and 2009, to the baby being a few months shy of 2 years old.  I am officially 15 weeks pregnant today, so I thought it would be fun to post weekly (if possible) summaries of my pregnancy, to share with long-distance family and friends.  I also hope to share Christ, my love of teaching and, encourage someone else out there who may be reading this one day. 

1 comment:

  1. AW ASHLEY!!!! this gave me chills!!!! it means so much to me, thank you and I 100% hardcore support this blogging process...you will be SO SO SO glad you did it even though I know it's not super fun!!! I'll comment as much as I can to keep you motivated :)

    ReplyDelete