Friday, December 17, 2010

So far...

     I have gained 3 pounds in 17 weeks, but am still 5 pounds below pre-pregnancy weight.  I know everyone says not to worry about weight gain during pregnancy, and I am "eating for two"..blah, blah, blah....  No I am not dieting, but I am eating much more carefully now.  In the beginnng of the pregnancy, I was so sick all the time.  I mean, physically, not just nauseated.  I lost 8 pounds.  I have traded in my sodas and junk food for water, and fresh fruits and vegetables.  I am not sure if I have healthier cravings, or if it me making a conscious decision to be heatlhier for the baby.  I also want to avoid gestational diabetes and pre-clampsia, which can be causes for early labor.  I also avoid sodium now, so I think that has kept a lot of the weight off.  I am proud of myself so far for not gaining, but after that appointment, I was so proud that I went to Eliano's and got a small white chocolate mocha decaf coffee....what a sugar overload!  But it was yummy. 

     While I am not thin, no one has noticed I am pregnant yet.  This week, I went to meet the class I will be student teaching in the Spring....that is the NICEST elementary school I have ever seen.  It is a brand new school, but it is so modern!  My mentor teacher and para-pro are SO nice.  I think that I will work well with them, plus they get a practicum or student teacher every year, so they are familiar with all the hoops I have to jump through for VSU.  There is some pressure because Mrs. May said that she always has such great student teachers...I hope I can be added to that list!  And last, but not least, I met my kindergartners!  They are all so tiny compared to the 5th graders I just left!  They are so precious though, I love young minds.  She put me at the back table, and the students came to me in their reading groups.  Since it's the last week before Christmas holidays, they were working on holiday themed activities.  At my table they had to color a snowman, and had to follow a coloring key code.  They were so cute when I asked who it was they were coloring.  When I asked what his name might be, they all responded with "Frosty!"  It's such a fun grade, because they are still allowed to have fun.  School needs to be academically driven and focused, but learning should be fun sometimes too.  I think much of the information I have learned in school were activity based projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment