Friday, December 3, 2010

Pregnancy time-line so far...

Last 2 weeks of August-first week of September:  Trying

2nd week of September:  Noticed my boobs were sore, which usually happens two weeks before that "time", not one week.  I also noticed that my abs felt a little sore when I stretched.  No major signs, but just not typical for me.

3rd week of September:  Got our wonderful news!

October 1-4:  Noticed light spotting after working a busy shift.  I called in that weekend, and stayed on bed rest just in case.

October 7:  Ronnie and I went to Options Now, which is a local non-profit organization to help young women with pregnancies.  They are run by a church, and offer counseling for women considering abortion.  They were very kind and performed a free ultrasound after I quit spotting.  I wanted to make sure the pregnancy was viable, and with no insurance, it just wasn't affordable to go to a doctor just yet.  They were so nice and were very understanding.  We got to see the heartbeat, which was at 138.  From what I have read online, that was pretty strong.  The nurse said everything looked just perfect! 

            
We found out that we were 7 weeks and 5 days along.
 
Weeks 7-11:  Nothing fun to report.  No real news, except INSANE morning sickness!  Oh, it was awful!  I lost 10 lbs b/c of it.  The only thing I would eat was grapes most of the time. I also drank a ton of water. 


Week 12-`3:    We finally went to the doctor.  Since I don't have insurance yet (Yes, I know it was poor planning.  I didn't think Ronnie's job would make me wait until January, I thought open enrollment was in October), we decided wait long enough until we could be sure to hear the heartbeat.  The visit was over $600 for lab work and NO ultrasound, so I figured that I needed to walk away with something at least.  They were sweet to call Ronnie back to hear it.  It sounded SO fast. She didn't give me a heart rate, but she said that is sounded "really, really good." 

Here's Ronnie's expression when he hears the heartbeat for the first time...I told you he hates pictures..



Weeks 14-15: Still nothing big...not showing yet...still wearing the same clothes..but I did manage to take a belly picture before eating on Thanksgiving.  I figured that my belly might not ever be the same!


15 weeks


Well no "belly bump" just yet, but there is that overall bloat that I have read about...I hate it..I wish I would just look pregnant and not constipated all the time...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's a boy...b/c i had boob soreness too sooo bad in the beginning! however, no morning sickness so maybe it's a girl! i can't wait to find out :)

    ReplyDelete