Saturday, April 2, 2011

32 week ultrasound

Okay, just to warn you...there ARE pictures of Preston in this post, but none of my belly...I will start getting weekly pics from now on though (if my camera can fit all of me in it!)  32 weeks has not proven to be to difficult to manage.  My belly continues to grow...and grow!  Ronnie looks at me and keeps saying that he hopes Preston waits until I am finished with student teaching.  He doesn't see how my belly can grow anymore.  All of the books tell me that it will though.  People who see me tell me that I don't look that far along, or that I look small.  I'll take that as a compliment!

An overview of week 32 :

Leg cramps: I get them most nights now:(  But I have learned how to manage them.  I sleep with the Boppy pregnancy pillow, so I am in the fetal position.  I will be asleep, but aware enough to stretch out my legs, and that's when the cramp begins. I now have gotten to where I sense that I am stretching out and I feel the beginning of the cramp, so I pull my leg back up, and it goes away.  I guess the blood is pooled up above my legs, and when I stretch out, the blood rushes the muscle...who knows! 

A new craving:  I still drink chocolate milk every day.  I also love the Baked Cheetos.  I have never liked them, but now I make sure to pack them in my lunch bag for school every day.  I wouldn't say it's a craving, because I don't eat them all the time--I am now back to eating peanut butter sandwiches, but now I add blueberry jelly--YUM!  I know, I know...now that I am supposed to watch my sugar, I add jelly...What can I say...I like to break the rules!


Fetal movement: His movements are not as frequent anymore:(  I guess he is getting cramped in there.  I used to feel him roll around (maybe it was him changing into his final position until delivery!)  Now, I feel his butt most of the time on one side of my stomach or the other.  His feet still aren't kicking my ribs yet, and I was thinking that maybe I will be lucky.  Stacy, my midwife said, "Just wait."  I am not sure if I am getting Braxton Hicks contractions yet or not.  I will feel my stomach cramp up, but it has done that since 24 weeks.  It may be them, or it may just be Preston....I figure if I am not in pain, then I am fine.


Stretch marks:  Still no stretch marks!!  But I am not ruling them out.  My belly feels so tight now.  I honestly don't know how it could stretch anymore.  I still slather on cocoa butter and Vitamin E oil.  I used to do it at night, but now I do it twice a day.

Heartbeat:  My appointment was at 3:45 in the afternoon (after school).  His heart rate was at 130.  Still consistent. 

Blood pressure: 119/83..still not high, but high for me.  They said it is fine though.

Weight:  Umm....overall it's good...8 lbs at 32 weeks.  Not bad!  But I gained 3 pounds of it in the last 2 weeks.

New Concerns:  I have yet to leak any colostrum.  Stacy said it's fine, but I am so worried that I won't be able to breastfeed!  I have several friends who didn't leak, and turned out to not produce enough to breastfeed.  I am going to be mad if these suckers don't get to feed him...if you know me, then you know how big they were before pregnancy...they have to be good for something!


Okay, about Preston:
He is perfectly healthy! He is a little on the small side, weighing in at 3lb 13 oz (however, this is just an estimate).  He is in the 15.5th percentile for his size to give you an idea of how small he is.  They aren't too concerned with it because they don't refer you to a specialist unless they are at the 10th percentile or below.  I discussed it with Stacy, my midwife, and told her how I was full-term and was 5 lb 9 oz, and Ronnie weighed a little over 6 lbs at a week early.  She thinks that he may just be genetically small.  But a lot can change in the next 8 weeks!  I just want him healthy, so I don't care about his size.  (I do pray that he isn't 10 lbs though!)  Also, his amniotic fluid was at 17. 68 cm, which is awesome!  A para-pro at my school's daughter lost a baby to low amniotic fluid, so I wanted to make sure to ask about it.  They say as long as it is between 8 and 24, it's good.  Oh, I almost forgot!  His position.....is head down!!!  She said he should stay there, though some babies still move, but not usually!  He is facing up instead of down, but she said the head down position is the most important part for delivery:)  I guess it won't be long until I do feel him kicking me in the ribs!  So, here he is!  As they get bigger, the 2-D ultrasound isn't very flattering.

Top:  Preston's face
Bottom:  His foot
(click to enlarge)


0 comments:

Post a Comment