An overview of week 34 :
A new craving: All I want is some sugar, and I don't mean kisses...But the dizzy spells aren't worth it. I still have sugar, but I do watch it. I no longer eat cereal for breakfast anymore. I either eat yogurt or eggs. Both are not appetizing in the morning. I have to be in the mood for either of them, and I am not in the mood for them ever! Stacy suggested that I eat the peanut butter protein bars or peanut butter on toast, sounds easy, right? Well I have been student teaching for 15 weeks now, and I have eaten a peanut butter sandwich for about 14 weeks. I just cannot incorporate more peanut butter. I just eat it because it is so easy to make in the mornings as I rush out the door.
Fetal movement: His movements are are still quieting down a lot, which makes me sad. I love feeling and seeing him move, plus it lets me know he is okay. I am not sure what he is doing in there, but I will feel Preston on either one side of my belly or the other. My belly actually looks lopsided sometimes! I also feel his kicks further inside my belly, like on my side. He still gets the hiccups every day, but they used to be at night when I was going to bed. Now he gets them at random times of the day, mainly after I eat.
Heartbeat: Again..in the 130's. I asked her if he had turned to face down yet, but she said it didn't really matter until delivery because he could turn back and forth until then.
Blood pressure: 118/76
Weight: 11 pounds so far...my goal was to stay at or under a 20 pound weight gain if possible...looks like it might happen! Let me make it clear that do not think it is bad or wrong to gain more than that, nor am I dieting. It is just that I am 5'1, and I have a small frame, and I just did not want to gain a unnecessary amount of weight that would make it a difficult pregnancy.Preterm Labor: She said that I am at a 0% risk of pre-term labor! Yay! It is crazy to think that I will be full term in just a few weeks! Keep baking Preston, I want you to be as healthy as can be! They will start "checking" me at 37 weeks, which does not sound like a good time to me, but at least I will be finished with student teaching then. I just pray he waits until I am finished with student teaching because VSU will make me return and make up any missed days, and who wants to come and observe for 8 hours when I can be at home with my newborn?!
Dreams: I haven't had many pregnancy related dreams for some reason. A few months ago I dreamed that the doctors were telling me that it was time, but I wasn't full term yet. I remember crying in my dream telling them that his lungs weren't ready yet. I had a second dream where they told that I would not be able to deliver naturally and would need a C-section. I woke up crying to that one. I really want a natural childbirth.
Well, this week I had two dreams about Preston! Monday night I dreamed that I had him. It was a delivery all women dream of (no pun intended). I did not use an epidural, I did not tear, rip, or need to be cut, and it was fast! The only part I hated was that I did not get to see Preston. I kept trying to go back to sleep to get back in my dream but had no luck. Then, Wednesday night I dreamed that I had him again! But this time I saw him!! I was lying in the bed, and the nurse brought him over to me. I remember seeing dark hair on a perfect little baby! I was even saying how perfect he was in my dream. I wish I could dream that every night.
Oh, yeah...my 34 week belly!:
Front view
Whoa!!! I am really nervous about my stomach going out further..is that even possible???

I started "blog-hopping" and found your blog thru someone else living in Valdosta so I just thought it was cool living so close that I thought I would become a follower! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteYay! It's weird that I get excited if people read this, even if I don't know them! haha It is definitely a small world...Valdosta is amzingly small too!
ReplyDelete