Oh my....there are 30 days until Preston's due date....THIRTY DAYS!!! It is exciting to be so close to the end, but I feel like I am more scared than anything. I think that my responsibilities to student teaching have been such a distraction for so long, that I am now dealing with the emotions that most women have had time to filter through. I mean, since I was 21 weeks pregnant I have been buried under lesson plans. We have one more week of student teaching, in which I will still teach Small Group Reading and observe other classrooms. I now actually have time to think about baby stuff and pregnancy, and it freaks me out because I barely have time. I keep having a feeling that he will come early. I don't know why. Maybe it's just a common fear that the baby will come when you aren't "ready"...but who is really? I have pretty much neglected the house since January, when school started. Now that I have time to clean, I can barely bend over to pick anything up! I guess I really will have to hire someone to clean the house for me.
Oh, my emotions are OFF the charts. Last weekend, I watched Knocked Up on tv. I have seen it several times, yet this time at the end when the baby is delivered...I cried like a baby, like for 20 minutes! Just a few minutes ago, I was watching some show on tv, I think that 16 and Pregnant show...anyway, i was just flipping through channels, and stopped because I saw a pregnant girl in a hospital gown...again, I BAWLED when the baby was born. I even had to keep myself from crying all afternoon at school as the kids were having their Egg Hunt and party...I just love those kids so much, and I won't know what to do with myself when it is time for me to leave. They drive me nuts most days, but they really do make every day worth getting up and going to school. It makes me sad that soon they will forget about me:(
I pray every day that God will makes His presence known when the big day does come, and that my fear will be replaced with joy and anticipation.
Oh yeah! In more recent news....my friend Emily (the one who got me started with blogging) announced that she was expecting Baby #2! I am SOOOO happy for them! She is one of my closest friends, even though we don't get to hang out hardly at all (hopefully that will all change soon!). And yes, I even cried when I opened their card to read their happy news...Hey, at least I am consistent, right?

When I was pregnant...about where you are now, I couldnt get through the pull-ups commercials without tissues near by!! haha even laundry detergent commercials made me weepy. Anything that had to do with a kid saying "thanks mom." hahahaha hormones make us so silly!
ReplyDeletebetter to be crying then to be super mean! my hormones make me MEAN to Zach!!!! poor guy hates when I'm pregnant so i'm trying super hard to not be that way this time around - I think I'm doing good but you'd have to ask him to know for sure ;) Glad I made you cry though haha makes me feel special!!!
ReplyDelete