Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cry me a river

Preston has been developing tears over the past few week...well sorta.  When he cries, his eyes will be wet, but no tears...until last week.  He woke up early from a nap while I was in the shower.  I didn't rush to get him in hopes that he would fall back asleep.  He continued to wail until I went to get him.  This is what I found...do you see the one tear rolling down his cheek???  PITIFUL!






Awww:(



He cheered up once he realized he was being held (and that he could put his hand in his mouth)


I wonder why he is waking up 30-45 minutes into his naps now.  I miss those 2.5 hours naps!!!  He will wake up, but will not stir about, he goes from asleep to full out screaming.  I am pretty sure that he is just sensitive to the sleep cycle transitioning from REM sleep to deep sleep and back again, but why is it bothering him now???  Sometimes he is able to put himself back to sleep, but other times he is straight up inconsolable.  It breaks my heart, but also is really frustrating.  I spend ALL of my time with Preston (which I really do love), but I'd like a break too.  He is still sleeping 10-11 hours straight through at night, it's just his naps.  I am sure they will work themselves out..right before he is teething...haha.  Isn't that how it always goes??

0 comments:

Post a Comment