Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Half-Birthday!

Oh my gosh...Preston is 6 months old already!  (Actually he turned 6 months on Thanksgiving!)  I can't believe it!!!  The time has flown by.  I remember people telling me that I will not remember what life was like before him, and it is SO true.  I mean, I do remember life before him, but it feels like lightyears away.  It's an amazing experience for sure.  We are so blessed to have this precious and VERY energetic boy in our lives!



He had his 6 month check-up today with the new doctor's office.  They were super nice, so I am glad we made the switch.  Anyway, he has gotten so BIG!  His stats are:

Weight:  15 lbs and 12 oz  (10th% percentile)


Height:  26 inches  (25th% percentile)


Head Circum.:  16 inches  (10th% percentile)

The nurse practitioner (the doctor just had a baby, so he was unable to be there for our first visit there) was amazed that he was already crawling and pulling up to stand.  I had her check his mouth for teeth, but she said he had no teeth coming.  He sure does bear down on my fingers and hands a lot.  I guess he will get teeth soon enough.

Preston is so much fun to be around, well when he is happy anyway.  Good thing he is pretty happy most of the time!  He just gets SUPER fussy when he is tired, but who doesn't?  Every day seems like he is discovering something new.  He is SO much easier to get to sleep now thankfully, and he does it on his own now.  Sometimes, if I didn't sleep well the night before (hubby has a night job of sawing logs...haha), I will take a nap with him with him in our bed, but that not very often.  He is back to STTN, so I guess his ear infection is gone.  He is on a very consistent schedule and we rarely deviate from it.  Right now it is as follows:

7:45-8 am:  wake-up.  Usually he is already awake and talking away.  He drinks a 5-6 oz bottle.

9:00:  breakfast.  I bought a ton of Beechnut baby food on sale (50 cent a can!) a while back. They have some Stage 2 Oatmeal and fruit already mixed together, so I usually scoop out a few baby spoons.  I don't take the time to measure his food, except for formula.

10:00-Nap till around 11:30 or 12.

12:00- 5-6 oz bottle.

1:00-lunch (Veg or fruit, or a little of both with some rice cereal)

2:00/3:30: Nap till 4:00 or 4:30

4:00 ish:  5-6 oz bottle

**Usually doesn't nap, but I will allow it if he falls asleep.  He's very clingy during these hours, and unfortunately I am busy trying to cook or clean a bit to make Ronnie think I was busy doing housework all day (HA!)

6:00: dinner (Veg with rice cereal and banana...he poops several times a day and I'm trying to feed him food that will make him not go while sleeping at night..not much luck yet though)

7:00:  Ronnie gets off work and comes home to give him a bath

7:45/8:00: 7-8 oz bottle and bed around 30 minutes later.
**I usually offer a sippy cup with a little water during these meals, and he loves his water!  He isn't coordinated enough to hold the cup and tilt his head back, but I am super proud of him for being such an adaptable baby!

Everyone told me that things will begin to work out more easily at around 6 months, and that was probably the one piece of advice that actually happened for Preston!  I am so glad he can stay awake longer than 1 hour now!  He is actually starting to go 2.5 hours of wake-times during the day which makes errand running a little easier.  It's fun now too because I don't have to carry his big ol' car seat in the buggy.  He loves to ride like a big boy up front with me.  He is so observant of his surroundings and just enjoys being apart of everything.  He's always been that way:)



He loves Sammy, even though Sammy isn't too fond of him still



He can hold his bottle, often for the entire duration (which takes him less than 10 minutes anyway)


His bear crawl stance. 



He loves the Fresh Feeder thingy.  I usually put crushed ice in it.  Still has no teeth...yet!



He's taken a sudden interest in drawers!  (Please ignore the dust!  I hate to dust, but it's clean for now!)



Eating turkey and rice on Thanksgiving.  You were an ANGEL the entire time!



Where's Preston?!


We went to go get him one morning and he was sitting up!  


Mommy and Preston



No hablo...



Action shot of him talking I guess...



At 6 months and 6 months and 1 week, Preston had his last bottle of breast milk.  I was sad to see it go, but I am glad he was able to receive its benefits that long!  At least now I have WAY more room in the freezer:)


We are starting to have him drink his bottle in the high chair now, so he is more aware of "meals".  He's doing such a good job holding it!



1 comment: