Monday, July 25, 2011

Preston Weeks 6-9

I cannot believe 2 months have already come and gone!  Preston is growing bigger every day, and is a constant reminder of pure love.  I love being his mommy, though it is VERY trying.  He doesn't cry as much anymore, and he has gotten MUCH better about taking naps.  I have had some friends recommend Babywise to me, and I didn't follow it as closely before 6 weeks, but now we do.  Basically, I am working on keeping a consistent schedule where he eats and sleeps at around the same time every day.  It is has been a huge help for me to be able to judge why he is crying, which is usually hunger or sleepy.  He eats every 3 hours, and I think he may be ready to bump it up to every 3.5 hours because I have to wake him up from every nap to feed him.  He eats b.w 7-7:30 am, then is down by 9 am regardless.  He must love his morning nap b/c that is the one that is most predictable.  I am still working on putting him in his crib sleepy, but awake, but we had an incident last week where we were letting him cry it out, and he got himself so upset that he spit up ALL over.  I mean, he soaked an entire burp cloth..poor thing!  I felt so guilty.  So now I wait for him to yawn, which is usually within an hour of him waking up to eat, I swaddle him, offer the paci, and then I bounce him until his eyes are really heavy, and then I put him down.  He often will wake up as I place him down, but I will just offer his paci again and turn the sound machine one.  We either do the ocean or rain sound, and he seems to like it okay.  


Here he fell asleep in my arms, but look how sweet he is.  Once his mouth opens up, it means he is definitely falling asleep.  He likes to suck on a paci as he falls asleep but it will fall out when he relaxes and he doesn't seem to notice too much.


We went to go have lunch with Mrs. May, my mentor from student teaching.  He wanted to look "cool" for their first meeting:)  (1st time wearing shoes too!  He had kicked them off in a matter of minutes though!)



He fell asleep in hte car seat ( I try to make it home BEFORE he falls asleep so he can go in his crib, but sometimes I don't make it obviously).  I love how he pokes his mouth out.  Also, notice his hands?  I wonder if he is ready for a turn table thingy?!  haha



7. 5  weeks old:  First time in his sleeper pj's, he had been too small for the newborn sizes until then!  He is so cute in them, but it last a few nights and I had to put him back in a swaddle.  He sleeps longer in a swaddle.


My busy little man enjoyed his freedom for a few moments, haha!





Preston and his friend Waylon.  Waylon's mom is Heather, and she student taught across the hall from me and our boys are just 2 months apart!  (Do you like the milk pouring out of Preston's mouth???)


Heather said her boys LOVE the Nap Nanny and recommended one.  They are close to $180 retail, but she found one on consignment and bought it for Preston.  It's neat b/c it was the last one, and he has a giraffe lamp in his room.  His first spoon has a giraffe on it too!  He likes it for a few minutes, but he is still so small.  If we are at home, Preston ALWAYS sleeps in his crib, but I think he will enjoy this seat as he gets better holding his head and body up.

Belly time!  He is getting better and better at playing independently.  He has held his head up since the day he was born, but he is getting stronger and stronger!


Preston also has learned to laugh!  It is a quick little one that I have yet to capture on video.  He will now wake-up and cry, but will smile when I lean over the crib to get him.  He also doesn't cry at diaper changes anymore.  I think he likes the height of the table b/c he will smile and smile, especially in the mornings.  Preston also caught his first cold:(  I am still nursing, but I supplement with formula also.  I have been nursing him A LOT lately to help get rid of it, but it seems like it is taking forever.  He hates the nose aspirator thingy!  B/c he is so young, I took him to the doctor just in case, and he weighs 9lb 7 oz!!!  Wowza!  He gets his 2 month shots on Friday, so hopefully we can see how long he has gotten too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment