Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 1

Wow..it has been 6 weeks since I last blogged.  Time has gone by so quickly since I had Preston.  He is adorable.  He is everything I could have ever wanted.  People always told me that I would experience a love I had never known before...and it is so true.  I remember worrying about loving someone more than Ronnie, but it is different.  I love Ronnie more than anything, he is my husband and best friend.  However, the love I have for my son is indescribable.  Life has been turned upside down, but in a good way.  

The first week was interesting.  It was nice to be home finally, but it was hard.  I checked into the hospital on Tuesday, and left on Thursday.  It seemed easy to take care of Preston during those two days.  He slept the entire time.  Then we brought him home.... Ronnie's grandmother always jokes that the hospitals know when to send the babies home, it's when they begin to cry.  Boy was she right, if he wasn't asleep or eating, he was crying.  I was exclusively breastfeeding, and was exhausted.  Ronnie had to go back to work the day after we got home, and he work 11 hour days.  Preston nursed around the clock, it seemed like he was always attached to me.  As soon as he latched on, he fell asleep.

Now I will point out that my little man is a great night sleeper.  He may raise his voice fairly often, but at least he knows the difference between day and night.  Since he was 4 days old, he has slept in one 4 hour stretch, nursed, then slept for another 3-4 hour stretch.  Pretty good for a newborn who was less than 6lb when he came home.

Below are some pictures of his first week:)



Preston at 2 days old, leaving the hospital.
Ronnie is not really into the whole picture taking thing if you can't tell.



I rode in the backseat for his first car ride.
I now have a mirror n the backseat which totally eases my mind while I am driving.


All snuggled in...



Before we got home, we stopped by his great grandmother's house.
She had been patiently waiting.





My little burrito.  I miss him being that small because I could use any blanket to swaddle him!


He got his first "bath", which was a sponge bath, at 3 days old.
He HATED it, but he was better once we began to rock and sing songs out of his lullaby book.



Kelly came all the way from Perry to meet him.  He is 3 days old here.


Jennifer is Ronnie's cousin.  She and her mom stopped by to see him too!
The blanket he is wrapped in was actually a gift from Kelly in the picture above.



I had to take him back to the hospital at 4 days old.  SGMC requires you to come back to check for jaundice and weight check.  The nurse said he looked great, was at a very low risk of developing jaundice and had not lost any weight.  (He was 5lb 11oz when we left the hospital.)

3 comments:

  1. Aww yay! I love reading about everything going on down there - can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being a mommy! Isn't it wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I regret about motherhood is not starting sooner! It's not easy but it it is by far the most rewarding role I have ever taken on!

    ReplyDelete