Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weeks 2-5

In an effort to catch up on blogging about my new adventures of parenthood, I will consolidate weeks 2-5.
As a breastfeeding mom to a newborn, my days fade into nights, which in turn make the weeks go by incredibly quickly. I feel as if my life has been a blur since I had him! Preston is everything I imagined...well sorta. He was such a calm baby in my belly. I was wrong to expect that same behavior outside the womb...he is such an active baby! I mean, he squirms ALL of the time. The only time he is still is when he is eating or sleeping, and that's only because I swaddle him when he sleeps. He has fought his sleep from the day we brought him home. I guess he doesn't want to miss anything.  I have had my ups and down with breastfeeding, which I will address in a separate post later (but I will emphasize to STICK with it if it is something that is important to you. It is not easy, but I am so glad I was determined!)  


Okay, now are pictures:)


1st doctor visit @ 1 week and 6 days. He had regained 8 ounces, so he was up to 6lb 3 oz. 

He didn't like getting naked and measured.  I wrapped him in a soft blanket and gave him his paci. Poor thing.





Here, Preston is 2.5 weeks old and rolls over from belly to back!  This has only happened once though.  (Also, it looks like I helped him roll over, but I promise I didn't.  I kept throwing my hand out in case I needed to roll him over myself.)  Also, watch how he throws his bottom up in the air...it's so funny!

Sitting in his swing. He is so tiny here!



Ronnie's 1st Father's Day. We were on our way to church.







A poor attempt at swaddling, but at least he is asleep.



Dad is such a goober!



Almost asleep..and so precious. I love his itty bitty hands.



What a difference 2 weeks makes! Preston at 4 weeks!





He HATED sponge baths, but thank God he loves bath time! He can be pitching a fit, but will immediately stop when placed in the water!



Belly time is fun..NOT! 



Playing around with Mommy @ 4 weeks and 5 days



You talkin' to me?



I thought this might be the first smile, but I am pretty sure it was just gas.





I took him to see Sarah, my mentor for 5th grade. He raised his head for the first time while being on his belly! Yeah!



Celebrating his first 4th of July.  Too bad we didn't get a family pic:(
\



1 comment: