Saturday, July 7, 2012

12 month stats

Preston has always been on the petite side.  Since his doctor appointment was scheduled on his birthday, we have a very accurate info!  Usually, his visits are several weeks after he is supposed to be seen.

Weight:  19 lbs  (5th percentile)

Height:  29.5 inches  (35th percentile)

Head Circum.:  17.5 inches (same as 9 month, 5th percentile)

The nurse practitioner (no we have still never seen the actual doctor, ugh!) who saw him was concerned about his weight.  She said he has always been in the 10th percentile, but dropping from it worried her.  She wanted me to put Carnation instant breakfast powder in his milk to add calories.  Ummmm, I don't think so. I held out of offering juice until after a year since he loves water so much.  I didn't want to flavor his milk and then have him him prefer it over plain milk.  Usually I do what the doctor advises, but I trusted my instincts and didn't do it.  I mean, he has always been small.  Plus, he had been 100% weaned from the bottle and formula the week prior, and runs everywhere.  I'm pretty sure that him not drinking his meals and being so active was the cause of him not gaining weight.  I will post about bottle/formula weaning soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment