It cracks me up--the are only 3 months apart!
Triston
Friendship is a special thing
I was telling Preston to smile
Here is a video of Preston reading to Triston and me. You will also see how greedy he is--he just comes up to Triston and takes things all the time.
I hate that he is so bossy and we are working on not taking things from him to be a proper model. I am big into modeling correct (or desired) behavior. For example, if I want something from him, I will ask for it nicely and offer something in exchange. One particular thing we struggle with is tooth brush. He likes to "brush" his own teeth, which he isn't capable of yet obviously. I let him hold one while I brush his teeth, and then I let him brush after I am finished. He always objects when it's time to put the toothbrush up, but if I hold the holder up to him and ask him to put it up for me, he will. Then, I give him a TON of praise.
Here's a video of them taking turns throwing a balloon. It's funny because it is so quiet, but I was amazed to see them actually take turns all on their own. I was pretty much a fly on the wall!
Here Preston is a little mean, but then shows sympathy. It's pretty sweet:)
Having fun outside before it gets too hot
One afternoon, we went on an ice-cream date
I felt so stupid because I bought them a cone, and didn't realize until after paying that they get free cones anyway! I was pretty ticked off at the employees, but didn't say anything of course.
Preston was wild at this outing, while Triston sat still the whole time...gives me hope that Preston might learn to not be so impulsive.
Having a morning snack outside
See, Preston isn't always greedy!
Today was our last day watching him since we go on vacation soon and school starts back. We'll miss spending out mornings with Triston!
Thank you so much for keeping Triston this summer! I think it was a good thing for both of the boys! To videos are to cute!
ReplyDelete*The videos
ReplyDelete