I am sure the few of you who actually read this is thinking, "Gee, I really wish Ashley would talk about her for once." I mean, I never do in person ;) Anyway, I just want to share a big praise for our family. I got a job as a special education paraprofessional in one of our county schools! Granted, the pay is not ideal. Actually, far less than ideal, but it definitely a foot in the door! Teaching positions are far and few between here, and most para's are certified teachers recently. I have no clue as to what my job will entail since they don't know what types of accommodations they will need to make for some students. I guess I will find out the first day of school? God was very faithful to our prayers about a job opening up. Of course, my desire is to only work part-time, but we just can't afford that. I'd like to share our faithful God was to us:
May 18, 2012: Last day of Pre-K, where I was a para. I was invited back if I wanted to come back. I told the director that I'd like to come back, but I would also be looking for jobs in the public school system so that I could finally have health insurance, retirement, and an opportunity to get moved up.
June 18, 2012: I was offered a job at a local church preschool. It is one where I have interviewed before and I have a friend who teaches there. I would absolutely LOVE to work there, but it is a half-day preschool and the position was 3 days/week. After discussing it with Ronnie, I had to pass it up. I did not want to, but Ronnie works super long hours every day but Sunday for a commission based job. He is so exhausted, and me not having an income creates stress in our marriage. I'd rather work and have a happy marriage. The director, Sharon was super supportive and understanding. She told me that God would reward me for being a submissive wife. I'd like to clarify that the stress is due to the fact that we cannot afford for me to stay home. The only reason I was able to for the first 8 months is because we had some money saved up and had some help from my in-laws.
This same day, I received an email informing me of the special education para position. I applied for it and called the principal and told her that I applied for it. I wanted my name to already be familiar to her. She said that she hadn't planned interviews yet, but she would look my info up when the time came. I took the initiative and offered to email her my resume, which she seemed to like that idea.
June 19, 2012: I spoke with a local Mom who was interested in me watching her daughter at my house. For a little while, I was thinking of doing a very small home daycare. I thought it'd be nice to do teachers' kids so that I could still enjoy holidays off. When I shared the idea with a few other moms, they offered to send their kids to me too! Obviously, I chose not to do this. If I were keeping children regularly, I'd want to get liability insurance, and that would take longer than a month to pray about anyway. I wouldn't want keep more than a few kids, that way I could really monitor the kids and enjoy them. Well, keeping a few kids wouldn't pay the bills and insurance and all that. Maybe I will consider it again one day.
June 21, 2012: Received a call from the principal to schedule an interview!
June 28, 2012: My interview was at 10:30 a.m., which was a bad time because I watch a 16 month old until around 1. My amazing hubby took the morning off of work so that I could get ready and he watched the boys! The interview went really well (duh!), The administration was very down to earth. Several questions had me stumped because they asked hard-core questions about how I would teach content to different grades. It was just stuff that you are not fully prepared for. I am a terrible rambler, and I have a bad habit of blanking out in interviews. Like, BAD! It's weird because my first degree is in Public Relations! I just made sure to let them guide the questions, because they pretty much asked until I gave the right answer.
At around 1:30, they called to offer be the job! When I left their office, I saw two other girls waiting to be interviewed, which means they didn't have much time to decide, or they just loved me that much, I like the latter idea:)
It's weird because I am actually really excited to be working there. One of my good friends got a job with Pre-K there, and one of my friends teaches there! It's also a nice bonus that Ronnie acts so proud of me:)
So, to go with the new job, I figured I'd get a haircut. I was trying to grow it out to donate, but didn't have the patience. I get compliments on my hair, but it's just soooo hot here and I don't do anything cute with it. I also don't like to wear my hair pulled back, so I feel I looked very homely when out and about. So I made an appointment to get a cute style to go with the new job!
Before
Adams, an old friend of mine. He works at Jordan's Salon.
This is the picture I showed him.
I didn't even think to ask how many inches he took off
It took a minute to get adjusted to it, but I like it! I do have to remember to look at hairstyles of people with shorter necks though, Natalie Portman's hair from the picture comes to the middle of her neck but her neck is crazy long...I think...or is my my neck that short?
Here is a picture of me on a regular day, aka hardly any styling. I do have to run a straightener through it, but it takes a few minutes. Oh, and I noticed a strand of bang that was longer, so of course I cut it WAY too short! Oops!
Just some verses to share with you:)
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by
prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Phillipians 4:6
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
- Colossions 4:2
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all
circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
-1 Thessalonians 5:16-1
0 comments:
Post a Comment