One day she told em that she had found some fabric at Hobby Lobby and described them to me. I went on some down time to check them out. I wasn't too impressed, I mean they were cute designs, but still not what I wanted. You see, we had already painted the nursery yellow before we found out the gender. However, I found myself walking through the more expensive upholstery fabrics and found the two patterns I wanted. I quickly took a picture on my phone and messaged them to her. She loved them just as much as I did! So, Brandi did the rest! I saw everything for the first time at the shower that Emily threw for me. Oh, and Brandi is also the photographer of our maternity photos too!
Well, now Preston's nursery is pretty much finished! I love to go in there and rock in the rocking chair. I'm sad that he won't be sleeping in there for a while though. We will keep him in a pack n' play that has a bassinet in our room for the first 6-8 weeks. He will definitely be moved in here soon though. I don't think he will mind, at least I hope he won't! I think it is really coming together nicely. Take a look!
The P was on my diaper cake gift from Emily. It was originally white, but
I spray painted it yellow to match the nursery.
The view as you walk in the room. We have a decent size house, but the tiniest guest rooms.
The crib! I love his furniture and his bedding! Didn't Brandi do a excellent job?!
Some of his stuffed animal gifts:)
My grandmother rocked me in this rocking chair when I was younger. We have another one that Ronnie was rocked in when he was a baby too, but it's still at Nan's house.
I love the curtains that Brandi made!
Preston's dresser. I decided to not get the dresser that came with the crib and changing table b/c it was barely 3 feet tall. This one was made by the same company, but was from a different set. I liked it because it was taller, and could grow better with him. Also, the lamp will have a shade on it eventually! Brandi is covering it with left-over material from the crib skirt.
We'll get it one of these days!
I got this as a gift yesterday when I went to go visit my Kindergarten class! Mrs. Parrish is the para-pro next door, and her daughter painted this for Preston. Apparently she came to my blog to see what his bedding looked like and painted it to match! Isn't that not the most thoughtful thing ever?! I really lucked out with the amazing people I met there!
The changing table. I did NOT want a changing table. I hate the raised sides b/c I think they look tacky, even if they are safer. Ronnie's grandmother wanted one with sides as a gift for us, so I ordered this one. It's great because those sides are removable!
Another view! I am not sure if we will try to put anything on the wall above his crib.
I am too scared of something falling on him.
I am too scared of something falling on him.
Super cute, Ashley! And the bedding and curtains are beautiful. Preston will love his room! :)
ReplyDeleteLove love love love love LOVE love love LOVE it!!!!!!!! You're going to be such an amazing mommy :) Love you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks girls! I love his room, and I really love all of the yellow:)
ReplyDelete