My student teaching has come to an end. I have blogged before about how amazing my placement, mentor, para-pro, and class is. This experience really was wonderful. Sure, there were some definite obstacles in the beginning due to some misunderstandings and hasty decisions (not with my placement, but with the university). I came so close to quitting. The morning I fainted, I actually went in to tell my mentor I was quitting because I felt that my heart wasn't into it anymore. I kept praying that God would give me an answer, and he did by making it impossible for me to talk with her about it! I began to take iron supplements, and was back to my normal self within a few days! I really do believe that God is always present, even in the bad situations. If it weren't for this placement, I honestly do not think I would have been able to continue. Mrs. May and Mrs. Simmons were encouraging me daily. There were a couple other student teachers at the school who were having some of the same issues, and their mentors were encouraging to them, and me also. Now that I have made it to the end of this journey, with not only the support from my mentor, but her confidence in me as a teacher, I would go through it all AGAIN! Mrs. May always said that "It didn't matter where you started, it was where you ended up." Gosh, I am tearing up thinking about how I won't be with them 8 hours a day anymore! I mean, I LOVE my class and everyone at that school. The other mentors were amazing, as well as the other para-pros.
So, I have to tell you about my last Fun Friday (That is why Kindergarten is the best!) I gave Mrs. May and Mrs. Simmons their gifts that morning. I did my usual thing that morning. I have been observing other grades in the afternoons, so that day I was sent down the hall to first grade. I was a bit bummed that I would not get to enjoy the Fun Friday snack with my kids. I knew it was going to be good because I had offered to bring in cupcakes, and Mrs. May told me that one of the room moms was taking care of it. She only comes for parties mainly. I figured maybe they were going to do something with ice cream, and would let me come back in at the last minute. So, I went to first grade, and I had to sort worksheets! I was thinking, This isn't really observing. I mean, it is important to see what it is like to have materials prepared without a para-pro. Then, the class phone rang, and she told me that Mrs. May got called to the office and they needed me back in the room. I was worried because her daughter has asthma, so I was thinking that something happened. I walked quickly (well as fast as someone in their last month of pregnancy can walk) back to the room. The pictures tell the rest of the story! Please note that any faces that are blurred are because those students did not sign a release to have their picture taken.
Right when I walk into the room.
Look at their excited faces! I just love this picture!
I was actually speechless for once!
I was actually speechless for once!
Whoa, I'm being ambushed!
The gift basket and treats!
Balloons!:)
The adorable cake!
Yeah, the black isn't as slimming as one would hope...But, notice the blue and yellow theme...to match Preston's nursery! How thoughtful!
This is the entire basket, plus the mug that all of the kids signed!:)
The pack n play that we registered for.
And the Snap N' Go Stroller we registered for!
My precious babies! I am going to miss them SO much!
Mrs. Simmons, me, Mrs. May
How amazing is it that my class was able to do this for me? The student's parents sent in money to pay for the graduation party/baby shower. I wish I had a picture with the two room moms, because they are SO nice. It really means a lot that they did this for me, not all of he gifts, but the time spent into thinking of something that would be meaningful. And one of the moms told me that she thinks I will be an amazing teacher because of how much I care for the children. It's nice for someone to notice that, you know? I can't wait to have my very own classroom. I want to be a mentor for student teachers, so that I can offer them encouragement and support when they need it most.
Thank you Mrs. May's Kindergarten class!! I will miss you all every day, and I will never forget the sweet memories made in these past four months!








OMG you got HOOKED UP!!!!! I thought they went overboard without even seeing the pack and play AND stroller!!!! God really blessed you with a wonderful classroom filled with people who OBVIOUSLY LOVE YOU!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteNew follower through Life, Love, and Lorelai! Your class is so awesome!!
ReplyDeleteHi Nicole! Yes, my class was pretty awesome! God definitely placed me there for a reason! I went back to visit the kids this week, and it made me miss them so much all over again!
ReplyDelete