Sunday, May 15, 2011

No laughing matter

Today I had a very rude awakening.  I woke up and noticed.....



STRETCH MARKS!!!

The picture I posted doesn't even resemble all of the faces I made this morning.  I probably cried for a full hour.  They are underneath my belly, and there are only a few little ones...but still.  I mean, I am due in 9 DAYS!  Seriously, they are going to show up now???  Happy Friday the 13th....

It was funny because I had a little emotional breakdown last night and had been crying when Nan called me.  We talked, and she said that everything is better in the morning...always.  I woke up in a better mood, but then saw them.  I called her and reminded her of what she told me.  She asked me how things were worse today, and so I told her.  She busted out laughing.  So did I.  I mean, I have used cocoa butter, vitamin E oil, and glycerin daily since the very beginning.  I have only gained 12 pounds the entire pregnancy.  Genetics set me up.  Stupid genetics.  Oh well.  It is worth it to meet my son soon:)  I do plan on trying whatever I can to help them fade asap, but after Preston comes.  I have several friends who got stretch marks after delivery.  I am crossing my fingers and toes that I don't, but who knows!

0 comments:

Post a Comment