They then did a non-stress test for about 30 minutes to measure Preston's heart rate and my uterine activity. Apparently, I was having contractions, but they were very irregular. His heart rate was steady, but he didn't really move around a lot. Not even when they buzzed him or made me drink fruit juice. I told them that the doesn't really move around a lot these days. Ronnie went with me to this appointment, and he kept making me laugh during the test, so that was a bonus. He can always make me laugh:)
After the NST, we had to get an ultrasound to measure the fluids around Preston. I late found out that Stacy (my midwife) was not completely happy from what she saw on the NST, so she ordered the tech to do a biophysical profile of him during the scan. I asked for her to try to estimate his weight, but she wouldn't:( She said that when the babies are this big, that the results are often way off because of how the measure based on ratios. We did see him practicing breathing, so that's a good thing.
Finally, we got to see Stacy and she checked me for any progress...I am still "not quite 3 cm" and just a little bit more that 80% effaced. She said he was still at a -2 station. She decided to go ahead an induce me on Wednesday if Preston's hasn't come by then. I still don't really want to be induced, but since his heart rate wasn't peaking like she was hoping and I apparently have a "favorable" cervix, she felt it was best and safe. I trust her. She isn't as quick to schedule inductions, like some of the other midwives and doctors are. Pray for us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment