Well I guess I have been a little M.I.A lately. I assumed that once I was finished with student teaching, that I would have plenty of free time....WRONG! I have been cleaning up a storm! The 5-second rule wouldn't even apply here at my house, you could drop something and eat it off of the floor the next day! Even Ronnie came home from work today, and thought he was at the wrong house! haha Well, I am 38 weeks and and 4 days today! From the beginning, I was hoping he would come 2 weeks early and I could be a mother by Mother's Day, but Preston is still growing. It is totally fine with me. I feel like we are ready, but not ready at the same time. I guess that's one of the joys of becoming a parent...learning!
In my last post, I commented that there was so much left to buy. Now, we are set! For a little while, at least! The pack n' play in set up in a little corner in our room. I plan to use it for the first 6-8 weeks, then I will put him in his crib in his room. We have a swing and bouncy seat combination set up in the living room already. It is SO cute! Some of my girlfriends from school surprised me with it after dinner one night. (I had already bought it thinking that no one would get it...it was a little expensive.)
Lauren, Kelly, me, Wendy, and Jincey
We were given a car seat at the very beginning of the pregnancy, but we opted to go ahead and buy a new one too. That way we would have two. We got the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat and the Snap N' Go stroller. I decided against getting a travel system to conserve room. Plus, we can always buy a nice and bigger stroller later when Preston is bigger. I took both car seats to the local fire department to make sure that they were safe. The guy (forgot his name!) was SOOOO nice! He has two girls already, and is expecting twin girls! I joked that he needed a second and third job to save up for their weddings. He sorta laughed :/ Anyway, he said that both car seats were super safe. He did tell me that getting the Chicco was a good idea because they are so safe and are so easy to snap in the base. He showed me how the harness should fit and how to install the bases and seats too. It was very informative. I highly suggest any new parent to go to your local fire station and get an inspection. Better safe than sorry!
His bag and my bag is already packed too! They are sitting on the living room floor just waiting to be hauled away:) Oh, and yes I have pre-registered at the hospital so it shouldn't be too difficult to check in when the time comes....we shall see!
Oh, I guess you are wondering about any progress I have made! Well, I went to the doctor this morning and I am 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced and still a -2 station. This basically tells us NOTHING! Stacy did say it is excellent progress, but we will just have to wait on God's timing for Preston's arrival. She did say that when she checked me and pushed on his head, that he did not float back up. I guess you could say he is "lock and loaded"! I feel it too. I am SO uncomfortable. And tired all the time. I actually take naps here lately. The worst part of sleeping is at night. I get up so often to pee, that I don't get a good night's rest at all. I guess my body is preparing to sleep in increments. On a good note, I lost a pound in the past two weeks, so I am now at a net weight gain of 12 lbs!
Also, I graduated this past weekend! I didn't walk because it was my second degree, but I did go to watch my friends walk. I am now officially ready to be a teacher (in case anyone knows of a place locally I can get a job! I need one when August comes!)
I guess you are ready for some updated pictures now, huh?
37 weeks
37 weeks (no stretch marks still!)
38 weeks, night of graduation

Ashley, I know it may sound so silly, but I am so stinkin' proud of you. You are such a beautiful woman with the most wonderful way with words. I have enjoyed reading your blog every week so much! I can't wait to meet Preston! so, with all that said, we need to get together....I know it will have to be after the baby is born but Please Please Please call me when you go to the hospital because I would love to come, if you want company, that is. I miss you dearly and Love you very much! You are going to be the most amazing mother! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteyour cousin,
Jesse Laine